Friday, October 24, 2008

Some real news please!

Its been a while that I've been reading about how Ash and Abhishekh Bacchan have been dancing around the world, visiting temples, creating traffic jams in the process, going on karwa chauth vrats and what nots, visiting still more temples, creating still more traffic jams and so on ad nauseum.

Why is Ash going to the temple news? I mean WTF? I don't give a rat's ass whether she actually does go on a fast or hogs doughnuts. Plus aren't we trying to be a more equal society, trying to move away from being the patriarchical society which is currently is? And isn't the media being generally irreponsible (well come to think of it, THAT isn't news either. Sigh!) when they report this on the same page as the Chandrayaan report?

I'm pissed. Someone needs to act more responsibly. Please!

2 comments:

Darth Chatri said...

Yeah, I agree. The other fabricated news is probably more relevant.

Kunal said...

Haha fabricated news certainly isn't relevant, but I'd really like to see a bit of responsible news reporting.

Problem seems to be that most channels put up populist stuff rather than real news, which sucks.